The Artisan Design Team have recently been creating with the Zany Zoo Suite. A fabulous suite of products that include some incredible papers, covered in critters.
A suite I have really enjoyed creating with and one I used for a recent All Day Stamp-a-Stack event. I see many uses for these papers that don’t appear at first glance.
My first card had me blend Pool Party Ink onto a Pool Party matting layer. White Ink was used to gently splatter a background to sit directly behind a die cut moon shape. The moon was easily cut using two sizes of stitched circle dies from Stylish Shape Die Set. Upon this, I wanted the bear to be reading a bedtime story to a young bunny. Paper snips were used to hand cut the characters from the Zany Zoo Crew Designer Series Paper.
Carefully snipping the bunny from his scooter, made him look like he was holding onto the side of the armchair. The bear was coloured using Blends Pens and a dotty technique to give that rough coat appearance.
The Alphabet al a mode dies were used to spell out the word baby that sits directly beneath the moon. Die cutting tone on tone, allowed the focus to remain on the moon. some vellum clouds, a but down bow and a simple Celebrate were added to complete this card.
So pleased with the outcome, I then sent to work on a second card which I decided to make square.
Lights, Camera, Action
This time I knew I wanted to create a stage but didn’t necessarily want a character for my focus. Die cutting a couple of the character shapes from Basic Black had me thinking of the audience and from here, my card evolved. The hardest decision was to decide what colour my curtains would be.
In all the theatres I’ve been in, the seats were all a dark, rich red, so Cherry Cobbler it had to be. Die cutting the Lama and turning it upside down presented me with a seat back kind of shape that I was happy with. Adhering this to a panel of Basic Black, I added my characters at varying heights. This entire panel was elevated on Dimensionals.
A contrast was created between the stage lights and the audience, by using Lemon Lolly to illuminate the stage. Stage lights were made from the vase shape die and vellum used as rays of light. Swags of curtains were added in layers with a final scalloped layer at the top. A black handmade tassel trim added that touch of opulence.
My sentiment was positioned dead centre and added to a ticket shape using the Happy Labels Pick a Punch.
Such a fun set of cards to create, I really enjoyed the versatility of this suite. I hope I’ve helped highlight a few more reasons you could create with this suite and not just the obvious.
Products used for this project
Get More for your Money …