I’ve received lots of lovely comments about my Regional Training Day Swap, which I thoroughly enjoyed making. I made 40 of these … and although there were many hours of work, it was well worth it and I’m thrilled that they are giving inspiration to many of you.
A few of you have asked for details on how I created it, so as promised ….. a Free Tutorial …. and my first I hasten to add, so I hope it all makes sense.
Pool Party, Wisteria Wonder, Calypso Coral, Crumb Cake, Whisper White, Lucky Limeade
Whisper White, Basic Grey, Crumb Cake, Early Espresso
Tools, Punches and Stamp Sets
Two Tags Bigz Die, Ticket Duo Builder, Itty Bitty Shapes Punch pack, 1 3/4 or 2 3/8 Scallop Circle Punch, Jewelry Tag Punch, Bird Builder Punch, Beautiful Wings Embosslits, Made for you Stamp Set, Woodgrain
Dimensionals, Snail Adhesive, Glue Dots, Natural Trim Ribbon, Linen Thread
- Take a scrap of cardstock with a part punched scallop circle and with Whisper White Ink, sponge the ink along the inside edge of the scallop, onto your Pool Party Tag, to create a cloud effect. Repeat over the top part of the tag until you get your desired sky look. Note: You can use either the 1 3/4″ or 2 3/8″ Scallop Circle.
- Stamp the Woodgrain image, using Basic Grey Ink, onto long strips of 6 cm deep Whisper White Cardstock (Stamp off and use Second Edition Stamp technique for a lighter Grey) Note: If you are only making one tag, the cardstock will need to be 6 x 7.2cm
- Cut cardstock into strips of 0.9 x 6 cm … you need 8. Slide the tip of each strip of cardstock (except one) into the Jewelry Tag Punch (as shown above) only punching one end
- Stick the unpunched strip along the top edge of the 7.5 x 5cm piece of Lucky Limeade Cardstock and then the punched slats, to create the picket fence
- When you’ve completed your fence, trim excess wooden slats along the bottom if needed and run back through the big shot, using the Two Tags Bigz Die, to create the bottom edge of the tag
- Adhere dimensionals to the back of the fence and create two vertical lines of 3 dimensionals on the Tag, from just below the score line upwards, where you want your flowers to sit. Using the excess side strips of your dimensionals, add a height to one stem
- Using the Itty Bitty Punch Set, punch a LOT of flowers out of Wisteria Wonder cardstock and crumple between your fingers (you can do several at a time), before attaching the screwed up flowers to each dimensional line, until covered
- Add the Calypso Coral Butterfly and the leaves using Glue Dots
- Attach the fence to the main tag, lining up the bottom edge and tucking the leaves between the fence posts
- Using the Woodgrain Stamp, Crumb Cake Ink and the Second Edition Stamping technique, stamp strips of Crumb Cake Card Stock
- Print your chosen sentiment with Early Espresso Ink and punch out using the Ticket Duo Builder, before adding this with Snail adhesive to the fence
- Slot your ribbon through the curved cut at the top of the tag and secure with a bow of Linen Thread